Sunday 17 April 2016

Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda

Author: Becky Albertalli
Genre: young adult
Pages: 321

Thank God I picked this book up cause if I hadn't I would have never came across this lovely character Simon. A seventeen years old school going kid. Who is gay ( yes I know I love gay romance and stuff and wish I was a boy who was gay) and is in love with a boy. Who is an email friend/crush/LOHL/ unknown/ amazing Blue.

So lets start with the character's I already introduced two characters Simon and Blue and the rest are Simon's friends Nick, Abby and Leah. Then there is Simon's family and rest of the school which you can read and befriended by tomorrow if you start reading it right away.

Okay now what I like about this book is that it's totally simple and still spectacular. There is a boy like you and me going to school, having friends, a dog and a nossy family like ours and still it's the most interesting story I have ever read. He is worried about coming out, he is worried about a boy blackmailing him, he is in love with Oreos. It's a story that you and I can relate to. Okay I say it often but seriously you can relate to it. It's a story about friendship. A story about love. About family. It's a story about coming out be it gay, straight or in a relationship. This story Will make you want to read more work of Becky and love Gay people. (That I already do). So is he going to find out who Blue is? Is he going to like who Blue will be? And will everyone except him as he is?

So don't think much and pick it up and read it. It'll be worth your time.

Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment